Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Milkshakes at Moo Moo's


Having spent far too much time of my university career thinking about food and reading food blogs I decided the time has come for me to write my own. I’m afraid university doesn’t permit much time for cooking so to begin with it’s just going to be some thoughts and comments on what I eat.

To start with I am going to dedicate my entry to Moo Moo’s which has only one outlet in the Covered Market in Oxford. For those of you who do not have a sweet tooth I suggest a trip to Fasta Pasta, on the other side of the market, for some of their delicious marinated garlic whilst those of you who appreciate a sugar high shimmy over to Moo Moos.

To be honest you can’t miss this place. It is the large cow print designed concession on the High Street side of the Covered Market. It also regularly has a long queue standing alongside or a group of agog students and children staring at the seemingly endless list of flavours of milkshake you can have. How do they manage to have so many flavours? Well they pretty much blend up anything you can think of with ice cream and milk, from a chocolate lion bar® to Jamaica ginger cake® to tic tacs®. Now tics tacs® may not sound that appetising and to be honest I haven’t managed to get that far on the list yet but those I have tried so far have been outstanding – I would particularly recommend the ginger nut or ferrero rocher® (which my equally Moo Moo’s enthusiastic staircase buddy kindly let me have a sip off). They are smooth, with the right consistency of milky silkiness and icy crunch often complemented by the crisp elements of the flavouring ingredient, and suitably sweet with their coldness undercutting the possibility of a cloying effect. They are exactly what you want from a milkshake – indulgent and rich.

Now being a mixture of ice cream, milk and confectionary (or syrup) they’re not exactly healthy but if you are on a bikini diet in the build up to the holiday season fruity smoothies are also available or take a walk round Christchurch Meadow as you sip on your milkshake!

Moo-Moo’sMilkshakes, ice cream and smoothies
Regular - £2.35, Large - £3.00
34/35 Covered Market

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home